Froglife's range of publications and advice sheets have been used by thousands of
individuals and organisations over the years to answer questions
and to provide suitable advice on best practice for conservation
matters that relate to amphibians and reptiles. If you're
looking for a step-by-step guide to building a garden pond, help
with identification or advice on managing habitats, we've got
something to help...
A comprehensive guide to habitat management, pond restoration
and creation for great crested newts.
A complete guide to creating a wildlife pond.
A guide to amphibians and reptiles in urban environments. UK and
Scottish editions available.
Ideas and inspiration for creating ponds in agricultural
Factsheet containing the key findings
from our Second Life for Ponds project.
Advice sheets -
many of the contact details on the advice sheets may be out of
date as some are fairly old. New advice sheets are in
1. Frogs, toads and newts in garden ponds (2002) Download
2. Snakes in gardens
3. Toads on roads (2005)
4. Identifying British snakes (and slow-worms!)
5. Reptile and amphibian recording
6. Conserving grass snakes
7. Amphibian Health and Disease (2007) Download
8. Exotic reptiles and amphibians in the wild
9. The planning system and site defence
10. Reptile survey
11. Surveying for (great crested) newt conservation (2003) Download
12. British amphibians and reptiles: What's where and when...?
If you can not find the information/advice you are looking
please take a look at the