Ash Jarvis was one of the volunteers with our Wildlife Ambassador project. We are amazed at the hard work she has put in helping Froglife, and hope that she will continue to volunteer now that the project has ended. In this edition of Natterchat, Ash shares her tips for creating wildlife-friendly areas, learnt through her experiences at different green spaces in Peterborough and her work at a garden centre.
Ash’s top 5 tips for making things to benefit wildlife:
1. Plan ahead and think what you can do with that object or space.
2. Always make sure that anything that you use is recycled/wildlife-friendly. Any recycling centre is a great source of things to transform into something useful.
3. You can find wildlife anywhere so make some room for wildlife.
4. Try to incorporate bee- and butterfly-friendly plants in any planting scheme.
5. Every animal needs water, so if you have room, a pond, or water feature will benefit wildlife.