Vicki Mercer is volunteering with our London Dragon Finder project. Her top tips for volunteering were:
- Just do it! Volunteering can lead you on an incredible journey and provide you with unforgettable memories. The memories I cherish the most have all been when I am volunteering.
- Try everything once; you won’t know what anything is like until you’ve given it a go. You will be surprised at what you can do and love it.
- You learn so much by volunteering.
- Volunteering is enjoyable, you meet lovely people, do something worthwhile, and occasionally glimpse incredible wildlife.
- Not all wildlife conservation volunteering involves getting muddy outside! If that isn’t for you, search
around as there are so many opportunities.
You can find out more about volunteering with London Dragon Finder here.
You can become a Dragon Finder wherever you live by downloading our free app and using it to identify and tell us about what you see.
We have other volunteering opportunities too – find out more about what you can do here.
If you would like to be featured in the What I’m Up To section, or would like to nominate a friend who is helping amphibians and reptiles, please let Sivi Sivanesan, our Public Engagement Officer know. We are looking for people doing interesting things that could be shared to inspire others. Email firstname.lastname@example.org