Froglife have developed a clear strategy to guide our work from 2018-2023.
Our vision is:
A world in which reptile and amphibian populations are flourishing as part of healthy ecosystems.
Our mission is:
We make practical differences to improve amphibian and reptile habitats.
We engage diverse communities and encourage learning about wildlife conservation.
We inform global research on amphibians and reptiles.
Achieving our vision and mission
We achieve our vision and mission through our three main work streams:
- Transforming Landscapes
- Transforming Lives
- Transforming Research
We will transform landscapes for amphibians and reptiles by:
- Inspiring, creating and restoring habitat sites.
- Working with Toads on Roads patrols and partner organisations to increase the number of toads saved nationally.
- Managing Hampton Nature Reserve, our internationally important site for amphibians and reptiles.
- Managing the Boardwalks Local Nature Reserve.
- Delivering the Leapfrog Schools programme.
We will transform lives by:
- Increasing the number of projects which focus on disadvantage.
- Running a citizen science project to collect data on common reptiles.
- Delivering skills, learning and knowledge transfer to other organisations to focus on mental health, social prescribing and dementia.
- Touring the UK with a Wildlife Tunnel Exhibition & Virtual Reality Experience and associated campaign.
We will transform research by:
- Developing and funding a toad post-metamorphic dispersal project and implementing findings with Toad Patrollers.
- Continuing and expanding tunnel monitoring research.
- Identifying applied research to stop the decline of common amphibian and reptile species.
- Working in partnership with ZSL, BTO & RSPB on Garden Wildlife Health.
Froglife for the future
We will continuously develop our work. Important areas are:
- Expanding Froglife Ecological Services and increasing income generation.
- Supporting an increase in Toads on Roads patrols.
- Reviewing sites where we have created or improved habitats after 1, 3, 5 and 10 years.
- Maintaining our innovative digital technology work, such as virtual reality.
- Continuing to review and evaluate our strategy and work programmes and aiming for continuous improvement.
For more information on what we do at Froglife click here.