This is an ideal activity to take part in for Recycle Week (20th-25th September) Give it a go and share your pictures with us on our social media channels!
- Tin can
- Dead, hollow stems or bamboo canes
- Scissors and string (or garden wire)
- Acrylic paint to decorate (optional)
- Clean up your tin can
- Gather up sticks and hollow stems or bamboo canes and cut them to size. You need to make sure that they are just shorter than the length of the can
- Poke the sticks and hollow stems into the can so they are nice and tight and don’t wiggle around
- Wrap your string or wire around around the can and tie securely around the branch of a tree or a sunny spot outside
- (Optional) decorate your bee hotel by using acrylic paints. You can either choose to make it blend in, or make it stand out with bright colours!